The Hostel of the College accommodates 160 students. From the beginning since 1976 the hostel of the College was running in rented houses. On 9th September, 1983 a grant of Rs. 3 Lakhs from the Department of Welfare of Plain Tribes and Backward Classes (WPT & BC) was recieved by the College. The grant was applied for in 1982. The foundation stone of the hostel in the present campus was laid on 07-11-84 by late Mahananda Bora and newly constructed Hostel Building was inaugurated in 1986 by the WPT & BC Minister Mr. Bharat Ch. Narah. Another Govt. grant of Rs. 1,27,500.00 was received by the College in 1986 for construction of hostel for ST Students. A UGC grant of Rs. 2,00,000.00 (Two Lakhs) of 6th Plan period was receive in the same year for construction of Hostel. Thus the Building inaugurated in 1986 was extended for a capacity of 85 students. During the 8th Plan period (1992-1997) the College received Rs. 15,00,000.00 (Rs. Fifteen Lakhs) for construction of Hostel. This grant was utilized in constructing the 1st floor and the toilets of the two floors. The present Hostel has the capacity residential quarters for 160 students. The Hostel Superintendent quarter has recently been completed with a grant of Rs. 3,00,000.00 (Rs. Three Lakhs) from the Department of WPT&BC , Govt. of Assam . Application forms for Hostel seats are available in College Office with the Prospectus. The seats are alloted at the time of admission on the basis of merit.
The Hostel is governed by the Lakhimpur Girls' College Hostel Rules as follows :
- The boarders must maintain a decent , dignified and disciplined hostel life style inside and outside the Hostel.
- They must abide by the Rules and Regulations of the Hostel as may be prescribed to them by the College Authority, violation of which lead to strict disciplinary action amounting to expulsion of the guilty inmate from the Hostel leading to consequent expulsion also from the College.
- Boarders must enter into the Hostel within the time as may be fixed by the Superintendent for summer and winter seasons and must be present at their respective seats at the time of roll call.
- Entertainment of guests and visitors is not allowed except with prior permission of the Authority.
- Visitors other than local guardians are not allowed to meet the inmates of the Girls' Hostel except on such days. Time and duration is as may be fixed by the Principal.
- Boarders must have to pay their Mess dues as may be fixed from month to month by the Mess Committee within tenth day of every month.
- Ill-treatment to co-boarders , cooks and other employees of the Hostel is strictly prohibited.
- The use of electric equipments such as Iron, Heater etc. is not permitted.
- The boarders must attend their classes regularly and appear in all internal Examinations and in-house seminar of the departments of the college.
- Disturbance of any kind during study hours is treated as serious offence.
- All the boarders must abide by the Mess-rules prescribed by the Mess Committee.