The Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) of Lakhimpur Girls’ College was formed in January 2005, just after the accreditation of NAAC to activate the process of developing the capabilities of the college and to raise the standard of the college through continuous improvement in quality. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC has become a part of an institution’s system and has been working towards realizing the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance.
The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the performance of the college. The IQAC strives to make a significant and meaningful contribution in the post-accreditation phase of the college. It has been channelizing the efforts and measures of an institution towards academic excellence.
The primary aim of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the college.
IQAC shall evolve mechanisms and procedures for ensuring:
- Timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks.
- The relevance and quality of academic and research programmes.
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society.
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning.
- The credibility of evaluation procedures.
- The adequacy, maintenance and functioning of the support structure and services.
- Research sharing and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
Some of the functions of the IQAC are:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the college.
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education.
- Organization of workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles.
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement.
- Acting as a nodal agency of the college for quality-related activities.
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) to be submitted to NAAC based on the quality parameters.