The college has a mission to make the campus an environment embedded in research. To make the college a research-engaging environment, the college strives to make the faculty to take part in innovative projects. This can be witnessed through the different major and minor projects undertaken (Click here) by the faculty members of this college alongwith their publications (Click here) in various reputed journals. The college is also publishing an e-journal "KANCHIOLI (ISSN: 2583-0740)", thereby urging the members of the college to participate in research work, report their work in the form of research papers and write scholarly articles. Apart from this, a good number of books and books chapters (Click here) are contributed by the faculty members of this college. Similarly, students are also encouraged to carry-out field studies on different topics relevant to the nearby locality and assigned them to conduct course-based projects following research methodologies.
A Research Council is available in the college which supervises the overall research-activities undergone in the college. The council comprises of the Converner Dr. Mridul Buragohain and all the faculty members of this college having Ph.D. degree as the members.
Objectives of the Council:
- To create a healthy environment for doing research in the college.
- To encourage and monitor the faculties to do research in the form of Minor or Major Research Projects.
- To encourage and monitor the departments to organize Regional/ National/ International Seminars/ Workshops by applying different funding.
- To encourage and monitor the faculties to participate/ present research papers in different levels of seminars/ workshops in different institutes.
- To encourage the faculties/ students for doing Action Research in District Level Departments viz. DRDC, SSA, Block, PHE etc. in the form of semester project.
- To encourage the faculties to write more research papers for publishing in different best quality journals.
Functions of the Council:
- Evalution of submitted MRP- proposals before applying to funding agencies.
- Evaluation of Seminar/ Workshop proposals before applying to funding agencies.
- Organising Seminars/ Workshops to encourage/ motivate the faculties for research (Click here).
- Dr. Debojit Boruah: Ph.D. Guideship since 2011 under Department of Botany, Dibrugarh University. Total Ph.D. awarded 4 (four) and pursuing 1 (one).
- Dr. Surajit Bhuyan: Ph.D. Guideship since 2015 under Department of Physics, Assam Down Town University. Pursuing Ph.D. 1 (one).
-developed by Dr. Mridul Buragohain, Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry, Lakhimpur Girls' College